[ale] OT -- STATA on a unix server

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sat Jan 31 21:15:12 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 20:53 -0500, brobinso at tfn.net wrote:
> Hello, smart ALE'ers.  I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know
> where I can get access to a server running STATA?  Perferably on a unix
> server that I can log into?
>
> I'm a grad student at UGA.  I can use it in the lab, or my office there.
> Terry college of business has it running on a server, but since i'm not in
> the business school, they won't give me access.

I'm stuck using STATA myself due to Clarify [0].

A few thoughts:

Can you do your homework in R? [1]

Can you get remote access to your office computer or a lab machine?

Does your department have any "spare" STATA licenses they could give
you?

[0] http://gking.harvard.edu/clarify/docs/clarify.html
[1] http://www.r-project.org/

-Brian