[ale] Ubuntu help

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Jan 27 13:34:25 EST 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:27:53 -0500
Joshua Kite <jwkite at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think our emails pass each other in cyberspace.  A few cups of
> coffee and some clear thinking led me to the same conclusion,
> although I didn't figure it out from the menu.list.  My problem with
> linux is that I'm technical enough to get myself into trouble but not
> so much that I can easily get myself out of it.
>
> Thanks again for the help and the pointers!

Ahh.  I hadn't gotten to the menu.lst yet, just the apt log.  :)

Yeah, I didn't notice until after I'd sent that, that you'd already
figured that out.  Oh, well.  Glad to have been of some help, anyway!

Maybe they need a "bootloader" virtual package and a way to mandate
that "bootloader" is always installed?  Though that wouldn't really fit
*everyone's* needs, I suppose.

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.