[ale] Intercepting content from http server and inserting content back in

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:54:25 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Chris Kleeschulte
<chris.kleeschulte at it.libertydistribution.com> wrote:
> I have a test system that runs a LAMP app. This test system is
> identical to the production system, so frequently I worry that I will
> mistake one firefox window containing the test system for the
> production one.
>
> So I want to have a proxy or something to insert HTML content into any
> page coming back from this system as "TEST".  I looked into Squid, but
> not sure this can do this. Also looked at Iptables, but this is too
> low level. I guess I need some app that can do this. Know of any that
> does this?

This sounds like a trivial greasemonkey script.  Greasemonkey is a FF
plugin that lets you customize websites.  So you write one for the
test server to, say, add TEST to the top of the page, or change the
background color.  Don't do anything to the production server.

Then, as log as you use the same browser your wish will be granted.

Michael