[ale] Maybe was discussed before

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Feb 24 22:20:14 EST 2009

On 2009, Feb, 24, , at 8:20 PM, bugy at bellsouth.net wrote:

> Hello everybody !
>
> How I can setup new AT&T (ex. Bellsouth)  DSL
> account without running any Windows/OSX machine.

Use the ATT-BS wires (which you don't have a choice about)
to connect to a COMPETENT DSL service provider (which,
despite the ATT-BS last mile monopoly, you still do have
a choice about). There are several capable DSL providers
that will support your choice to run computer systems that
are worth choosing to use.  Speakeasy is the near the
top of my provider list, but many others have discussed
on this list over the years if you want to look at the
archives.

BTW, the native Apple OSeX and iPhone and iTouch browser
is Safari, which is not listed as supported in the ATT-BS
list you posted. So unless the list is partial, ATT-BS
does not support Mac OSeX and only recognizes browsers
tied to Windisease Infectionating Systems.

The fact that ATT-BS does not even support the Safari
browser when the corrupt ATT monopolizers are the sole
wireless phone / network service provider that can be
used with the iPhone demonstrates the level of both
their massive incompetence and total disregard for fair
market freedoms of consumer choice.

Other options to consider for setting up an ATT-BS DSL
account are to file complaint to the various Public
Service Commissions and the FCC. You could also start a
class action suit demanding device level internet
neutrality from service providers.  Given that democracy
and saner governance are starting to be restored at the
national level, these public interest actions could prove
increasingly effective as the failed and fascist
Corporate Welfare State is further dismantled.

peace
aaron