[ale] md2_raid1

scott scott at sboss.net
Sun Dec 13 12:34:40 EST 2009

sounds like one of the two drives is having issues.. and the software RAID1 driver is working at keeping the two disks in sync (mirrored).  I would look at the logs to see if either drive is reporting issues.  Also see if you can can run some SMART tools against the drive to see if it will tell you what is going on.   Now it might be a bad cable, bad power to drive, or bad HD controller also.  Unless you had a power outage or taking some sort of power spike, those are less likely.  cables and HD Controllers generally dont fail without some help.

Thanks and good luck!!