[ale] encrypted differential backups

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 08:14:09 EDT 2009

bacula. A backup can be encrypted be the originating host, by the
storing server or just in transit over the IP connection between the
two. Or a combination. Supports full, differential and incremental
backups. Can be scripted to support automatic push restores. Supports
a large set of storage systems from SAN/NAS, other large local or
remote drive arrays, tape libraries, etc. Also provides reporting
daily (or per job) for status.

Note: If remote site is not secure, encryption of the data in storage
is not important. However, the ability to push new data over an
encrypted tunnel would certainly be a good thing.

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Jim Popovitch<jimpop at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for an open source way to periodically (cron) archive
> differential file system changes to an encrypted format (tarball) that
> can be pushed out to a possibly-not-so-secure remote site (s3).
>
> ideas?
>
> -Jim P.

James P. Kinney III