[ale] Anyone have experience hosting email for multiple domains?

Matt Rideout mrideout at windserve.com
Mon Aug 31 01:34:04 EDT 2009

Postfix and Dovecot are both good choices. In the past, I've setup
Postfix and Dovecot using the docs on their sites. Glancing over the
CentOS doc, it looks like it'll at least get you moving in the right
direction. IMO, there's no need to bother with virtual users until you
have a vanilla setup functional, and are comfortable with it. Once you
have that going, dig into Virtual Users. A few random pointers:

1. yum is your friend.
2. Don't be tempted to stray towards sendmail unless you have a very
good reasons. It's a PITA.
3. Make sure that sendmail is fully shutdown, and disabled before you
try to get Postfix working.
4. Test to make sure you don't have an open relay going each time you
make a configuration change.
5. Make sure that you have reverse DNS properly setup for your mail
server's IP.
6. Make sure that your mail server's IP isn't on any major blacklists
before going live.