[ale] Retentive DVD ripping copying?

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Tue Aug 25 16:25:45 EDT 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 12:24 PM, david w. millians wrote:
> But the question is: how best to retentively copy those dvds? I want
> all
> the features; I don't want to save space; I want all the languages and
> audio options and what not. Can one just copy the files over, and the
> players will handle the decss'ing on their own, like VLC does? Or do I
> *have* to do the handbrake ripping type thing anyway to make them
> usable?

Not sure what the linux tools would be, but on my Mac, I use simple
tools like MacTheRipper or RipIt, which basically copies and decrypts
alls the files so you get everything. There should be similar tools
under Linux, but Google wasn't very helpful for the couple minutes I
tried searching for some.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org