[ale] New M$oft Word file format

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 23:30:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:20 PM, drifter<drifter at oppositelock.org> wrote:
> Has anyone else hit .docx files.  I just got one as an attachment
> to an email.  Had to extract the archive first and then I still can't read
> the damn thing as it is pulled into its component parts:
> document.xml
> fontTable.xml
> settings.xml
> styles.xml
> webSettings.xml
>

> The document file is the raw text, but nearly unreadable as all the
> formatting  cues have been replaced with @,*,$; the CR/LFs have been
> removed altogether.
>
> The file in question was created by the current Mac version of Word (until
> next week, that is).
>
> Apparently the docx format is the default.
>
> I am not amused.
>
> Sean

I hate to point you to M$ site, but you need to download Word Viewer.
I got to work with CrossOver Office, so you should be able to get it
to work with wine.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3657ce88-7cfa-457a-9aec-f4f827f20cac&displaylang=en

OpenSUSE -- http://en.opensuse.org/User:Terrorpup
OpenSuSE Ambassador
OpenSuSE Member
Skype -- terrorpup
twitter -- terrorpup

Come join me at the Atlanta Linux Fest, September 19th, 2009
http://atlantalinuxfest.org/.