[ale] GP2X

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 13:13:08 EDT 2009

Guys,

This is the hand held that I told you guys about that the Thursday
Meeting as promise.

http://www.wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GP2X

As stated it is an open source hand held, here is the information
about the linux that it is running...

http://www.wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Linux

This is the best site to get software from it. At one point there was
a hardware add-on that let you hook up a mouse and keyboard, and some
were running X on it.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi

I love because I can still play DOOM, Heretic, Quake,  MAME, and
several Emu on it. You can also use this until as an e-book reader,
Media Player (OGG, AVI, MP3, MPEG), and Photo Playter. You can hook it
to a TV, it does support NTSC out.

It is being replace by a better until call GP2X Wiz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X_Wiz

OpenSUSE -- http://en.opensuse.org/User:Terrorpup
OpenSuSE Ambassador
OpenSuSE Member
Skype -- terrorpup
twitter -- terrorpup

Come join me at the Atlanta Linux Fest, September 19th, 2009
http://atlantalinuxfest.org/.