[ale] USB Boot/Install Question

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sun Aug 16 15:26:25 EDT 2009

Richard -

Thanks - it won't boot a USB stick 'out of the box'. I was going to
install a floppy, boot 'pendrivelinux', and then see if it would find the
USB DVD.

Instead I booted the FC10 'liveCD', installed it to my hard drive, and now
I'm going to try working through that, so my question becomes:

How can I install a full Linux distribution (FC10 probably the easiest
now) when I have a minimal installation in place and the full distribution
on a DVD I can mount but not directly boot?

Would GRUB (now on the hard drive) be able to deal with this? How might I
proceed?

Thanks.
  - Mills