[ale] ick - big brother alert

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 12 10:54:56 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 6:57:30 am Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 22:09, Tim Watts<timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > So of all the technologies presented, the "better spying" option was more
> > appealing than the "better content" and "better delivery" options.
>
> Not quite.  That was "best new product idea".  Most everything else
> seems to be a re-hash of past years.   Then again, don't let actual
> words stop you from reading into the article whatever it is you want
> to get out of it. ;-)

Well, my only inference was to broadly categorize the technologies presented.
That's admittedly subjective but I think I was pretty fair and conservative in
doing that. You seem to be saying they selected the spying option because it
wasn't a re-hash like the others. That's your inference -- which may be
correct. I'm no expert so I'm simply going by the words in the article... :-)

(BTW, the article didn't make this clear but the thermal imaging camera on an
STB is not a new idea. But adding logic to sense 3D relationships on a 2D
surface is -- at least in this arena.)

> -Jim P.

I suppose that I shall have to die beyond my means.
 -- Oscar Wilde, upon being told the cost of an operation