[ale] looking for an open source 'webex' type of app

Matt Rideout mrideout at windserve.com
Tue Aug 11 09:10:06 EDT 2009

Geoffrey wrote, On 08/11/2009 08:05 AM:
> Matt Rideout wrote:
>
>> Reverse VNC is the closet that I'm aware of. I used Ultra VNC's take on
>> that to package up a 180KB exe that customers can just double-click on
>> to make a connection.
>>

> Yeah, I thought about vnc solutions, but I thought they were limited to
> the number of connections.

For some reason another product popped in my head when said WebEx, and I
didn't realize my error until after I clicked Send. Reverse VNC by
itself is definately not the answer to what you're looking for, although
it could be a piece of the puzzle for someone developing an open source
WebEx alternative.