[ale] OT: cordless phone batteries

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Aug 10 10:34:09 EDT 2009

So I have a Panasonic cordless phone system that includes 4 handets and
a base.  I've had these things for a while and some of the more used
phones battery life is shorten quite a bit.

Here's the question.  I was on a conf. call this morning and it lasted
so long, that the phone now says to charge the battery.  So, I go to
another phone that shows a full battery charge and swap the batteries.
After doing so, there's no change in the battery indicator on either phone!

So how is that?  Why doesn't the battery in this phone now show a full
charge and the other phone show that it needs charging?

Is there some kind of internal secondary battery that's charged by this
battery?

I simply don't get this.

--
Until later, Geoffrey