[ale] OT: humor - XKCD

Grady Harris nolan.voight at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 08:17:16 EDT 2009

A little while back, a [what is the collective noun?] of secretaries &
admin assistants gave a baby shower for a co-worker of mine. Apart
from K.'s two-year-old, I was the only male in the room. As one of
their "games," they tried a ritual humiliation of me the oldest of the
secretaries, having us co-operate, she supplying the left hand & I,
the right, to diaper a teddy bear with some kind of modern swaddling
that had fastenings which hadn't been invented yet when either of us
had last diapered a baby. We could not undo the doggone thing.

They were cackling & cackling. All of a sudden, an even older hand
memory returned to me--"Wait a minute, I know how to do this kind of
thing."

I picked up the diaper, held it behind Joanne's back one-handed, had
it unfastened in a second. They stopped laughing real fast.