[ale] list pkgs installed since os install?

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 5 20:42:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

Anyone know of a way to list all packages installed on a system (Kubuntu 8.10)
since the OS was installed? It doesn't seem possible to do this based on the
info apt keeps. Have I missed something?

I guess one approach would be to get the list of packages installed on the
current system and then diff that with the list on the upgraded system. Hmm,
not exactly what I want but it probably doesn't get much simpler than that,
n'est pas?

--
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in
harmony.