[ale] OT: Clear Wimax going live on June 16

Tue Aug 4 21:22:01 EDT 2009

Today when I walked to meet the bus on Pryor street, I saw a Clear
street crew demonstrating the service outside of Underground Atlanta.
Does anyone else catch Marta or a bus around the 5-Points station?

On 7/27/09, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Brian Pitts wrote:
>> Omar Chanouha wrote:
>>> So has anyone signed up? Any news on the modem working with linux? How
>>> about driving around, is the connection solid?
>>
>> What I'd like to see is the results of these [0] tests [1] from someone
>> connected to the Clear network. Allegedly they've discriminated against
>> other VOIP providers in the past. You can read this and other complaints
>> here. [2]
>>
>> [0] http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
>> [1] http://www.eff.org/testyourisp/switzerland
>> [2] http://clearwiresucks.com/blog/
>

> I'm replying to this old post, because I'm confused two different
> providers.  My references were to http://www.clear.com, whereas the
> above references are with regard to http://www.clearwire.com.
>
> Some confusion there, on my part, possibly on others.  The original post
> references 'clear wimax' which is www.clear.com, whereas
> clearwiresucks.com is in reference to www.clearwire.com.
>
> I think...
>

> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
>   - Benjamin Franklin

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.