[ale] OT: Clear Wimax going live on June 16

Matt Gilbert matt at mattgilbert.net
Tue Aug 4 20:21:40 EDT 2009

Some recent news regarding Comcast/Clear that is completely baffling to me:

http://www.unstrung.com/document.asp?doc_id=179798

Comcast's "High-Speed 2go" was launched in Portland a while back, ON Clear's
network. What this article calls "piggy-backing". I don't understand if this
can be considered competition, providing the same service on the same
network from two, partially-same companies. Is there any reason to expect
different service from one versus the other?

Matt