[ale] Can not burn DVD+R/RW

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 3 09:32:10 EDT 2009

I just upgraded a CentOS 5.2 to 5.3 and I can no longer burn + media.

Here is a message in cdrecord

cdrecord: Found DVD+ media but DVD+R/DVD+RW support code is missing.
cdrecord: If you need DVD+R/DVD+RW support, ask the Author for
cdrecord-ProDVD.
cdrecord: Free test versions and free keys for personal use are at
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/
cdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found
on this target.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-ROM driver (mmc_cd).

The burn will happen and the DVD looks as if it worked.  When I insert
the DVD back into a computer it appears blank.

I'm pretty sure I was burning +RW before I did the upgrade.  Am I
missing a package?

Thanks,
Chris