[ale] Server Hardware

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Sep 30 19:41:16 EDT 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, George L. Allen wrote:
> Another vendor, linux based wifi: http://www.xirrus.com/ Their APs have
> 4, 8, or 16 separate radios per unit depending on model to provide more
> bandwidth. Sounded pretty cool:
> http://www.xirrus.com/products/arrays.php

They have new stuff coming out with even more arrays.. 24 I think. I had
lunch today with the regional sales guy, Mark Northern, a long time "friend"
who just started working for them. Even discounting Mark's
new-found-religion-enthusiasm he said some impressive things about the
company and the Boss, including that he still actually writes code.

His personal e-mail address is: mark.northern at gmail.com and if Ale would
like a demo for a meeting, Mark's a fun guy to pick on, heckle, etc..
he said the embedded Linux server does spectrum analysis and lots of
other kewl tricks.