[ale] Ubuntu 7.10 -> 8.04

jtholmes linux at jtholmes.com
Mon Sep 29 07:12:23 EDT 2008

It is stable, in fact 8.10 is about to be released
in October.

I can't speak to upgrades, I never upgrade.
I only do new installs.
I keep my important files on another machine
and copy them once I have completed the
new install.
Some of the messages I have read indicate
that some folks have problems with upgrading, others don't,
go figure.
However, the Ubuntu team has done a great job
in the area of upgrades and most of the problems
appear to be minor.

jt