[ale] Wow, Ubuntu...

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Mon Sep 22 20:01:04 EDT 2008

JK wrote:
> Oh wait, two issues: the "Desktop" installer won't let me
> set up any kind of RAID during the install.  I suspect maybe
> Ubuntu "Server" would allow it?  I kinda wanted to use my
> existing RAID-0 setup and preserve /home, but I ended up
> nuking one of the drives in the array for Ubuntu.  No big
> loss, everything important is backed up.

To setup RAID or LVM during the install, you have to use the alternate
install CD. To download it instead of the Desktop CD, click the box
labeled "Check here if you need the alternate desktop CD. This CD does
not include the Live CD, instead it uses a text-based installer." on
Ubuntu's download page.

-Brian