[ale] Server Hardware

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Sep 21 17:49:26 EDT 2008

On Sunday 21 September 2008 13:48, Brian Pitts wrote:
> jimmy halbert wrote:
> > I am looking for a open source wireless networking solution. I have an
organization that is going to have 450 wireless users of which half of these
users will be online at a time. I am looking for a solution to control the
access points, and provide some measure of security. Any suggested would be
helpful. I have looked at Aruba,Foundry and IronPoint...all of these
solutions are way out of budget.

> How about Coova?

(One of the features of which is to let you use a WRT54 wireless
gateway router as a stand alone "hot spot" wifi server.)

> I think there's going to be an ALE presentation about the CoovaAP
> firmware soon.

The Charles Shapiro presentation on Coova is currently scheduled for
our ALE October Central meeting on Thursday, the 16th.  As I already
have a WRT54G router  running OpenWRT Linux I'm looking forward
to this one!

peace
aaron