[ale] No sound in X but sound at the console?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:23:46 EDT 2008

As a follow-up, I have resolved this problem. I had to create a custom
EDID file, removing the extended information block, so that the nVidia
driver would quit trying to send audio over the HDMI cable. You can
read the whole story at [1] if you care.

[1] -- http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/comments.php?article=327

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/