[ale] No sound in X but sound at the console?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 10:40:28 EDT 2008

No. My root account's .xinitrc consists of nothing but e16. My mythtv
accounts X session just runs ratpoison and mythfrontend. So there
shouldn't be anything grabbing the sound (particularly esd).

I just started up X with nothing but an xterm and still no sound.
Could the video card driver be interfering with the sound?