[ale] Backup strategies

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Fri Sep 12 14:15:26 EDT 2008

2008/9/12 Stephen Benjamin <skbenja at gmail.com>:
> Tapes, if properly maintained (and it isn't that much maintenance) work just fine.

.... until you need to get something off of one in the middle of a
rainy night whilst on vacation in the sub-tropics. ;-)

Tapes, while they have shown themselves to be time enduring, require a
physical hands-on approach for all but the least-frugal of businesses.
 Enterprise-strength online backup providers (a'la Arsenal Digital,
etc.) provide ease and sanity.  Although now that I look at AD it
seems $DAYJOB has bought them too. <sigh>

-Jim P.