[ale] All the way to OT: Satellite/Cable (was Re: bandwidth competition (changing the subject))

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Mon Sep 8 11:34:16 EDT 2008

I know a guy in Colorado who has the DirecTV "on demand" service. He
says that even though it's technically on demand, it still take an
hour to download a full length movie through his internet connection.
As for me, I have to tether my T-mobile cell phones to get online. No
way downloading movies is even a possibility. Our solution to this
dilemma  is to move when our lease is up.

Brian