[ale] Comcast Caps Data at 250G/Month

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun Sep 7 07:21:18 EDT 2008

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> At some point we (ALEers) need to consider the fact that we may just
> not be the target demographic that Comcast wishes to have as
> customers.    Perhaps Comcast feels they can do very well only dealing
> with the customers that don't maximize their usage.   A lot of
> companies work this way, some times it just makes good business sense
> to ignore/boot a small segment of your customers.
>
> -Jim P.

A bank I used to have an account with is that way.  I complained that
their website wasn't friendly to Firefox and when I finally got to talk
with their IT guy, he said, "Our records show that 99% of the people
using our site are running IE"  Duh!  He didn't quite understand what
that really meant, or maybe he did.

Jim.