[ale] WARNING - RANT Re: Comcast Caps Data at 250G/Month

Sean drifter at oppositelock.org
Sat Sep 6 18:11:46 EDT 2008

Robert Reese hinted at another question I have on this whole issue of
metered/block allocation of bandwidth:

My router/firewall is hit hundreds of times each day by automated scripts
trying to break in. Are those "knocks at the door" (KATD) counted as part
of my bandwidth usage?
Does the counting software have a minimum size that is counted?  That is
do these KATD add up per byte or per KB?
I am thinking that some cell phone carriers count by the minute and some
by the second.  It makes a difference!  If ISPs are counting by the KB then
all those KATD are going to add up in a hurry.

Sean