[ale] will a Bluetooth adapter work with a Linksys Wireless B router ?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Sun Nov 30 11:06:02 EST 2008

I had a Iomega USB bluetooth adapter that worked fine on my Fedora
laptop. I've since upgraded my laptop to have an internal bluetooth
device so I don't use it any longer. I think I paid $20 for it at
Wal-mart a good while back.

You do realize Bluetooth and the Linksys 802.11b wireless router use
totally different protocols. You could use Bluetooth and setup a PAN
between a couple computers or use Bluetooth DUN connection. Until I
upgraded from my Treo 650 to the Centro I was using BT DUN to connect my
laptop to the internet while commuting. Unfortunately Sprint in their
infinite wisdom disabled the BT DUN profile on the Centro.