[ale] [OT] Help with burning recovery disks from HP

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Nov 26 02:09:25 EST 2008

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:56:18 -0500
Stephen Cristol <stephen at bee.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to help someone restore an HP Vista box to what passes
> for functionality. I don't really know what happened, but the box
> won't boot (even in safe mode) and won't "recover." I used a live CD
> to boot the box and can mount the recovery partition.
>
> Is there a way to use data from the boot partition to burn the
> recovery CD?

The most recent HP systems I have seen included the ability to burn to
DVD, but only once, and only before you use the restore partition.

But, unless there is an ISO image present, burning that recovery
partition to any media is, while probably possible, not something that
I know of anyone who knows how to do it.  It's probably
system-dependent, too, the way OEMs do things these days.

	--- Mike