[ale] What's the best geek store in Atlanta area?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 15:54:12 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net>wrote:

> Geoffrey wrote:
> > Mike Harrison wrote:
> >> I've got a customer from Dominica (a rather remote caribbean island)
> >> showing up for a couple of weeks. He's got a long/large electronics
> >> shopping list for himself, friends, co-workers, etc.. He's pretty sharp
> >> and is looking for selection, price.. etc.. on everything from cameras
> >> to laptops. And yes, he'll be shopping online a lot also, it's cheaper
> >> to fly home with goodies then get them shipped.
> >>
> >> I'm in Chattanooga, we have Best Buy, and Circuit City...
> >>
> >> What's the best place(s) in Atlanta I can take him?
> >
> > Hands down, Frys.  Wider selection then Microcenter and generally,
> > better prices.
> >

> MicroCenter has better quality floor people than Fry's, at least the one
> in Duluth. Just my $0.02.

I have never been asked to leave a MicroCenter when helping a customer with
a sales rep who is pointing them wrongly. In fact, the sales reps in these
situations have often been appreciative of learning something new. End
result for them: customer with a product bearing the reps ID sticker.

I've been met with blank, dumb stares at Fry's. The MicroCenter reps appear
to actually tinker with technology off work while Fry's reps seem to hit the
bar scene cruising for dates.

James P. Kinney III