[ale] [OT] Store closings - NOT MicroCenter!!

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Nov 19 18:24:05 EST 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Good call Chris. There are several "not news worthy closings" in the list I
> sent. I should clarify: Be wary of the gift cards as they become worthless.

Even ones for stores that are still in business can acrue a "holding
charge" (or other name) that over many months, devalues them.
I got a couple as wedding presents, and when we finally went to use them..
one was worth a little less than face value, and a $50 was worth $12.
It lost a $1 per month after 6 months..