[ale] Looking for application software for a small business

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Nov 19 09:21:05 EST 2008

Robert Coggins wrote:
> if you have a host for them there is opengoo.  I don't know too much
> about it other than it has calendaring and more.  I think it is pretty
> young but might look promising.
>
> It is supposed to be google docs and calendaring etc but private hosted
> by you.
>
> http://www.opengoo.org/
>
> Robert

Hi, Robert,

I like the idea, however it appears to be a java/J2EE application.
That's probably going to entail a dedicated server and more complexity
than she really needs.  Also from what I can read about the calendar
module, it is more of a personal calendar than a group one.  Switching
users is not something I want her to have to do unless it is absolutely
necessary.

Thanks,
Jim.