[ale] Separate /opt partition

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Nov 18 15:08:01 EST 2008

Yep but with SVR4 UNIX was supposed to use /opt for add on software
instead of /usr.   /usr was supposed to primarily be for distribution
software.   Of course most *NIX have /usr/local for some add on stuff as
well.  Many OS flavors these days seem to prefer /home over /usr/home.

/tmp was inadvertently left out of my earliest list - I agree with you
that /tmp should be separate as well - even more so than all the rest of
it.