[ale] Verizon broadband wireless card for Linux

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun Nov 16 12:30:46 EST 2008

I was having trouble with my aircard and called verizon.  They had me
install a new version of the vzaccess manager and update my access.  It
helped a little.  But that's beside the point.

While on the phone the agent mentioned there are newer cards that
provide higher speeds, so I went looking at the various offering.  To my
great surprise the actually list Linux and ndis support on one of the cards.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4327
*http://tinyurl.com/6zh37x

I wonder what would happen if one called with a problem on Linux box?

I guess it's a step in the right direction.  I might go that route since
I've never been able to get my wifi or aircard working on Hardy.  I had
them working on Edgy,  but they pulled all the servers down for Edgy.

Later,
Jim.
*