[ale] EEE PC at Microcenter Clearance Table

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 12:21:42 EST 2008

Speaking of the EEE Linux PC, I saw one at Microcenter yesterday for
$100 off ($250 instead of $350) that had been returned and was on the
Clearance Table in the back of the store.  I asked the sales guy what
happened and he said they get about 1 out of 7 or 8 returned because
folks buy them, get them home, open them up and suddenly find that it's
not Windows with Word, Internet Explorer, etc. and return them.  I am
elated that the vast majority of the Linux versions stay with their
purchaser, but for those looking for a good deal, just keep checking
MicroCenter in the Clearance table in the back.  I also found the OS to
be very user friendly with it's tabbed application format and also
zippy, including KStars for example, which I'd have thought would be a
challenge.

Best,
Daniel

--