[ale] Swap meet or recycle shop?

George L. Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 07:19:06 EST 2008

Dallas has a big swapmeet/sidewalk sale every month - I think it started
out as ham-radio, expanded to include vendors, recyclers, etc. Last time I
went was pre-ebay, and it was a pretty massive deal:
http://www.sidewalksale.com/

Austin also had a "Goodwill Computer Store" where companies would dump
their life-cycle replacements for the tax-write off, and those guys would
re-sell them to the masses for cheap. They had a nice museum in the back
with some VAXen and other old boxes. Non-techies could buy a decent box for
50 bucks... techies basically had a pull-a-part for computers.

Does Atlanta have anything similar to either one of these?

-George