[ale] Networking Linuxboxes

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:10:59 EDT 2008

There is no need to assign specific IPs to the machines if you intend
to use SAMBA. SAMBA sends out a broadcast packet and all SAMBA servers
on the same subnet will hear it. The only thing that could be a
problem is a firewall on the local machine(s). But, since the OP is
using OpenSUSE, and presumably the YaST configuration tool, that
should be taken care of transparently.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/