[ale] Ubuntu 8.04 wireless fix

James Earl Smith feenix at feenix.us
Mon May 26 21:06:04 EDT 2008

On the forum it gave this as a test to see if wireless fix would work:

sudo rmmod b43
sudo rmmod b44
sudo rmmod b43legacy
sudo rmmod ssb
sudo rmmod ndiswrapper
sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
sudo modprobe ssb
sudo modprobe b44

This part gives me wireless and wired connection.

But when I tryed this part I got wireless but lost wired connection.
Before I try the code below I would like some one to let me know if this
set up below does the same as the lines above. Since I am new to comand
line I am not sure what the lines below do.

echo -e '#Hardy ssb/ndiswrapper workaround, added' `date` '\ninstall
ndiswrapper modprobe -r b43 b44 b43legacy ssb; modprobe --ignore-install
ndiswrapper $CMDLINE_OPTS; modprobe ssb; modprobe b44;' | sudo tee -a
/etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper

I thank you for the help you have given me and to keep me in Linux.

James Smith

Linux User #472408
Ubuntu User # 22378