[ale] Fedora 9

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon May 26 09:22:41 EDT 2008

And it's a rip-snorting pile of dog poo. You can only install one package at
a time. Maybe that's easier for noobs but I found it to be a time waster.
yumex is great for all purpose use and pirut can also be reinstalled (cli:
yum update yum rpm && yum install pirut yumex ).

The big change is the new package tool no longer asks for root password for
updates to installed packages. It requires root password to install new
packages. I can see the logic of that but I'm not real happy with it.

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Jeremy T. Bouse <
jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net> wrote:

> Scott Castaline wrote:
> > Does anyone know the command that starts the package-kit gui in Fedora
> > 9? It's the one that corresponds to the menu option "Add/Remove
> Software".
> >
> > TIA

James P. Kinney III