[ale] Ubuntu forum Subject "Who else thinks 8.04 is a MAJOR dissapointment?"

James Earl Smith feenix at feenix.us
Mon May 19 21:01:04 EDT 2008

I recently posted the following to the Ubuntu Forum.

I have many trails and fights with my laptop since I started with 6.06.
It took me a month to get wireless working , but I did it. From 6.06 I
went to 7.04 and used what I had learned to get things to work in 7.o4
and 7.10. Now I am up to 8.04, my wireless works fine but wired is dead.
With each upgrade I have learned to look at the bugs I have as a place
to learn more about Ubuntu and Linux, Ubuntu has helped me to grow and I
hope one day to leave M$ in the past and keep going forward with Ubuntu.

It is true we all have headaches  when we update our op sys. In the year
and 2 months I have been learning Ubuntu and linux, I have come to enjoy
the battles to get the computer working, then passing what I have
learned to other in the forums.

Where I want to go from here is to find a class or other training so I
can one day be citified in Ubuntu.

James