[ale] MacBook Linux

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat May 24 14:34:07 EDT 2008

You mean someone actually uses the insert key? Wow. I hate that key.

Anyway, the simplest solution would be to define a remapping your
~/.xmodmap file. For example:

`keycode 121 = Insert`

in ~/.xmodmap should remap the F15 key (which a MacBook does not have)
to the insert key. To determine the key code for the key you want to
remap do something like:

`xmodmap -pk | grep F11`

That will give you the key code for the the F11 key. The first field
will be the key code.

If you want to test the mapping without having to restart X, do
`xmodmap -e "keycode 121 = Insert"` as appropriate.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59