[ale] diff on 2 directories

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 14:22:57 EDT 2008

Assume you are interested only in them perl programs and they are nicely
named with .pl extension

If names is not consistent, 'file' can be used to generate the set to
compare, as perl scripts is "perl script text executable" per 'file'.

Two-step comparison

   - cd dir1 && for i in `find . -type f -name "*.pl"`; do ---- $i ----;
   diff $i dir2/$i; done
   - cd dir2 && for i in `find . -type f -name "*.pl"`; do ---- $i ----;