[ale] ALE is now a Google group!?

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Tue May 20 10:20:55 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Marc Ferguson
<mferguson at digitalalias.net> wrote:
> Wow, you guys really love your list.

Let's just say their is a deep appreciation for ALE and how it has
helped many people over the past decade.

> I'm coming from a new-age prospective (or Web 2.0)

Hmmm..  You do know that "web2.0" is really nothing new under the
covers, right?   It's mostly just marketing buzz.

> and this "listserv" seems real old, but one the other hand it seems very useful and
> straight to the point. You  guys have helped me to see how "workhorse" applications, not
> very pretty,  are very useful. I don't  think I'll ever like Lotus Notes though.

:-)

> What mailing service is this anyway?  The only one I seem to remember
> is listserv.

GNU/Mailman  (http://www.list.org)

-Jim P.