[ale] Fedora 9

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Mon May 19 11:10:41 EDT 2008

Geoffrey wrote:
> Jay Finch wrote:
>
>> Hey Mike,
>>    Can you think of any "gotchas" if I was wanting to update a FC6 mail
>> server to F9?  I've been meaning to do something about it since FC6 was
>> deprecated, but I haven't taken that plunge yet. :)
>>

> Backup your configuration and do a clean install.  I would suggest that
> you are likely to have many problems updating between to releases that
> are that far apart.

How about going from F 8 to F 9? In the past I've always done fresh
installs. Also anyone that has moved to F 9, have you experienced any
problems printing to network printers. There is a thread about that at
Fedora Forums, but it looks like it maybe an issue of printing to a
printer connected to a M$ PC, unless I'm missing some points there.