[ale] Recall: Job Opportunity- Linux/System Admin

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 15 17:54:16 EDT 2008

Wow! My ability to interject humor as a teaching method has been superseded
the group ability to cram a hornets nets into their own knickers.

Le's see here - group member of a LINUX ENTHUSIASTS mailing list kindly
posts a job opening. Someone replies to all and a reply to all is returned.
Everyone gets a giggle.

But then the really funny part happens. The original poster makes a second
blunder and requests the accidental email reply to all be withdrawn. It's a
public forum and the public gets a second giggle. It seemed a
tongue-in-cheek request was made to remove the blunderer. A bit more
standard banter and a some people get the opportunity to pontificate on the
vagaries of offenses on a public forum espoused by people, blah, blah, blah.

Get a life (or a therapist or someone who gives a ...)

This is an email list with a diverse group of (mostly according to meetings)
greyhaired geezers (who may need some extra fiber in their diet :) that
tends on occasion to veer off into a quagmire of stuff that is not linux
enthusiast related but of importance to a few individuals.

Have some fun!

Hopefully to the HR person now has a better understanding that email lists
go to many people and "send" means "send NOW".

"How was your day, hon?"
"Oh I came home and irritated some old farts I know on the ALE list.. How
was your day, dear?"
"Maybe you should beano out as gifts?"
"Nah. If I degass this crowd it loses it's charm"
"But don't they smell bad?"
"Happily, most have actually passed modern general hygiene 101 so they stink
only when they, um, off-gas online."
"You have strange friends."
"Yep! Keeps the normal Microsoft-loving wacko-type away!"

I will NOT be at the meeting tonight as is conflict with awards night for my
daughter so all you old-looking geezers are just gonna have to drink your
metamucil with out me :)

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI: Once you hit the magic "SEND" button, the computer magically does your
> bidding (unless you are hampered by the use of an all Microsoft network in
> which case the recall may actually work as the systems is so puking horrid
> you probably haven't hit the 15 "Do you really want to do this" message
> approval button yet and the exchange server has horked _again_ and not
> actually delivered the message but has instead marked it as "in process -
> permanently" until you fork over another $2k for an upgrade version).
> Thankfully, here at ALE, we use systems that are fully automatic. When you
> press the little button....
>
> 2008/5/15 Kelly Flanagan <KFlanagan at lancope.com>:
>
>>  Kelly Flanagan would like to recall the message, "[ale] Job Opportunity-
>> Linux/System Admin".

> James P. Kinney III

James P. Kinney III