[ale] MySQL binlog on the slave

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed May 14 17:24:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 14:47 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I had a new today to see what SQL statements were executed by some
> software.  Since these are not logged I had the smart idea to look at
> the slave server.  Where and how do I find these?  I thought that
> maybe the binlog files would show me all SQL executed on the slave but
> the only ones I could find was when I did the initial import many
> months ago.

It should have relay logs, they're what MySQL uses for replication
logging.  Check /var/run/mysqld on the slave server.  At least, that is
where it is on Debian/Ubuntu.  You can probably search the system for
files called mysqld-relay-bin.*.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us