[ale] 2nd try. First never made it. Looking for a simple method to generate Spanish language characters.

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed May 14 12:02:40 EDT 2008

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 09:44 -0400, Joshua Chase wrote:
>> Sure, on any full keyboard, make sure NumLock is on, then pres ALT+164
>> (hold down the ALT key, and while holding press 1,6,4) on the
>> dedicated number keypad. Doing it on the top set of numbers (the ones
>> above the letters) won't work.  Here's a short list of all the accents
>> and special characters:
>
> This is a non-standard extension to Windows.  :-)

I think it's actually a function of the PC/AT keyboard
design.  I've used this technique under Linux and
on a tiny OS of my own creation (which used the BIOS
keyboard driver), so I don't think it's Windows-specific.

--JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov