[ale] OT: Know any elderly-Mac wizards?*

Greg Canter gcanter at atnex.net
Tue May 13 17:05:34 EDT 2008

Here is one approach I found.  You might want to even look at the files to
see how he does it and possibly modify.

http://www.atstarr.com/emfiles/oe/

You need to sign up for a free trial to get the answer here :
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Apple/Operating_Systems/Q_22779035.html

This supposedly worked for someone
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20061104002244385

Can you manually delete fields for contacts and then export ?  I have also
exported stuff to csv files, used Excel to delete columns (fields) and then
saved what I wanted.  Another solution would be to paste some of the data to
the mailing list and see if someone could use some awk/sed/bash/ruby/perl fu
to fix it for you.  Same for the mail.  I am sure the contacts will be
easier.

Well, it looks like MS has already figured this out !
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264614

If you can get it into Mac Mail format it may be easier to work with.

Some more links :
http://www.helpshare.com/qhome.asp?qid=103

http://macosx.com/tech-support/mac/outlook-express-dbx-file-to-macmail/529.h
tml

Move mail from OS 9 Outlook Express to an Intel Mac
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20061012031813924&query=Outlook
%2BExpress%2B5

You may want to try http://www.macosxhints.com or http://macosx.com/

Most certainly I wish you good luck & HTH

Greg